Because everyone likes their eggs a different way, you’ll prepare them however you like and then add them to tortillas and top with your favorite Tex-Mex toppings. I’m talking salsa, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, hot sauce or whatever you love on your tacos. Best of all, you can stuff everything into Paleo tortillas — perfect if you’re going low-carb or avoiding gluten!
This huevos rancheros recipe is an awesome way to kick off your day!
TOTAL TIME: 25 min.
MEAL TYPE: Beef, Bison & Lamb, Breakfasts, Eggs, Gluten-Free, Main Dishes
DIET TYPE: Gluten-Free, Ketogenic
- ½ pound grass-fed ground beef
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, stem removed, diced (seeds removed, optional*)
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4–6 large chicken eggs, fried or scrambled
- For toppings:
- 1–2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add in coconut oil and grass-fed beef, stirring occasionally until the beef is browned, about 5–7 minutes.
- Add in the onion, jalapeño, cream cheese, oregano, salt and pepper, stirring until onion becomes translucent and remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, over medium-low heat, cook the eggs as desired.
- Serve on Paleo tortillas, topped with fresh tomato, avocado and cilantro.
Huevos Rancheros Nutrition Facts
Best of all, this huevos rancheros recipe is good for you. Each serving contains approximately:
- 151 calories
- 10.4 grams fat
- 1.7 grams sugar
- 46.8 grams protein
- 1.0 microgram vitamin B12 (17 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligrams vitamin B6 (13 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligrams riboflavin (13 percent DV)
- 6.7 milligrams vitamin C (11 percent DV)
- 342 IUs vitamin A (7 percent DV)
- 21.5 micrograms folate (5 percent DV)
- 3.3 micrograms vitamin K (4 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram thiamin (4 percent DV)
Recipe By Dr Axe