For me, the perfect morning routine has specific steps that make me feel great and get me ready for anything that might come up during the day:
- Two glasses of warm water with lemon.
- Fresh beet and grapefruit juice.
- A nourishing breakfast.
If you want to prepare your body for an intense workout, then you should also consider having a protein smoothie at breakfast.
Protein is essential for maintaining the good health of our body’s tissues and the recommended daily intake (RDI) is one gram of protein for each kilogram of our weight. You don’t need to stick to dairy and soy to obtain the protein RDI – if you have variety in your diet, you will be just fine. There are many vegan foods that provide important quantities of protein, and the most important are:
- Nuts and seeds.
- Dark leafy greens.
A quality smoothie that really nourishes your body should be packed with valuable greens, antioxidant fruits, potassium, and vegan proteins. By reducing the animal protein to a minimum, we accelerate the natural detoxification process of our body and we don’t burden it with excess protein.
The berry protein smoothie contains everything our body needs to kickstart the day:
- Gorgeous-colored berries, loaded with antioxidants.
- Dark leafy greens (you can choose any from spinach, kale, or chard) for calcium and proteins.
- Chia, flax, and hemp seeds for fiber and an extra protein load when you’re facing a busy day.
- Banana for its potassium content, which helps the detoxification process, but also for the sugars that keep you energized.
- Coconut milk for a healthy fat addition and delicious taste.
- Mint leaves for a nice, fresh flavor
- 1 cup mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, cranberries)
- 1 cup mixed greens (chard, kale, spinach or any other available)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp ground flax seed
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- 5-6 mint leaves
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and drink right away.
Author: The Awesome Green