I’m sure we have all heard about low carb pizza crust that uses fathead dough, but have you heard of Best Low Carb Chicken Pizza Crust? Yes, a pizza crust made out of chicken!
This recipe, inspired by Real Good Pizza (a completely delicious and easy pre-made keto-friendly frozen pizza) completely flips the game on its head.
Forget about almond flour, forget about pork rinds. The base of this recipe is Ground. Chicken. That’s right…this crust is simply made of ground chicken, Parmesan cheese, and spinach. That means it’s loaded with protein, not carbs!
- 1 pound ground chicken thigh (more flavor/fat than ground chicken breast)
- 1/2-3/4 cup grated (powdered) Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach (optional)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In large bowl mix ground chicken thigh, cheese and seasoning
- Thaw spinach and remove excess water with paper towel or cheesecloth, add to mixture
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and press chicken mixture into even thin layer
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with desired toppings ( I used red onion, cilantro, chicken, bacon and sugar free bbq sauce!)
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and brown
Yield: 4-6 servings
If using ground chicken breast, reduce cooking temperature to 375 and reduce cooking time to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Add additional time after toppings until cheese is melted and golden, being careful not to overcook.
Once pizza cools a bit, it can be picked up like regular crust
If mixture seems too wet, add more grated parmesan. I used freshly ground chicken thigh so there was less moisture. If you’re using a roll of chicken, it could be more wet and need extra cheese
Personalize it with your favorite toppings and seasonings in the crust as well
Separate into 4-6 and freeze chicken crust (no toppings) individually for quick meal
- Serving Size: 1/4 Pizza
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Calories: 193
- Protein: 27
- Fat: 8
Recipe By: Hey Keto Mama