A gluten-free low carb breakfast casserole recipe with sausage and cheese – just 6 ingredients! This keto sausage, egg and cheese casserole without bread is easy to customize with vegetables, too. Breakfast Casserole Recipe – You must try this recipe.
You can also freeze low carb breakfast casserole after baking. This is a great option for leftovers, and you can do either the whole thing or smaller pieces as individual meals.
First, follow all the steps on the recipe card to bake the keto breakfast casserole. Take extra care to ensure the eggs are fully cooked, because the texture of semi-raw eggs will be a disaster after freezing.
Place the low carb breakfast casserole on a cooling rack and let it cool completely to room temperature. After that, cover it with plastic followed by foil, and place in the freezer. If you want individual pieces, cut those first and wrap them separately.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
If you like Breakfast Casserole Recipe, you can try similar recipes:
- Spicy Sausage And Caramelized Onion Casserole
- Broccoli & Chicken Casserole
- Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Easy Low Carb Mexican Chicken Lasagna Casserole
Breakfast Casserole RecipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: Keto, Low Carb
This keto sausage, egg and cheese casserole without bread is easy to customize with vegetables, too.
1 lb Breakfast sausage
6 cloves Garlic (minced)
12 large Egg
1/2 cup Heavy cream
2 cups Cheddar cheese (divided)
2 tbsp Fresh parsley (chopped)
1/4 tsp Sea salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
3 cup Broccoli (optional – cut into florets if using)
- In a greased skillet over medium-high heat, cook the minced garlic for about one minute, until fragrant.
- Add the breakfast sausage. Cook for about 10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- If using broccoli (or other veggies), blanch them in boiling water for about 5-7 minutes, until crisp tender. Then plunge into an ice bath to stop cooking, drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, half of the cheddar cheese, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Grease the bottom of a glass or ceramic 8×8 in (20×20 cm) or 9×9 in (23×23 cm) casserole dish . Arrange the crumbled sausage evenly at the bottom of the casserole dish. (If you want to add any pre-cooked vegetables to your casserole, mix them with the sausage at this step.)
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until the eggs are set and cheese is melted.
- Serving size: 1/9 of the recipe, 3×3 in square if using a 9×9 pan or 2.7×2.7 in square if using an 8×8 pan
- Nutrition info does not include optional broccoli or other veggies, which will depend on what you use.
- Want to make the low carb breakfast casserole a day or two ahead, or make it into a freezer meal? Check the instructions in the post above!
Note on Nutritional Information
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers.
The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
Thank you for understanding!
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.