Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Squash – it’s my favorite thing to make spaghetti squash! It’s like alfredo or macaroni and cheese but with a veggie instead of pasta. In other words it’s seriously delicious comfort food! Squash and baby spinach – a comforting, cheesy dish, without the guilt. Perfect for Meatless Mondays or any day of the week!
Cheesy Baked Keto Spaghetti Squash – You must try this recipes.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
A recipe for when those cheesy dinner cravings strike! It’s the perfect way to use us spaghetti squash and it’s a recipe that will even get the kids to try it.
165 Cals, 10 Protein, 16 Carbs, 8 Fats, PREP TIME:10 mins, COOK TIME:1 hr 35 mins, TOTAL TIME:1 hr 45 mins, YIELD:7 SERVING, COURSE:Dinner, Side Dish, CUISINE: American.
- 5 1/2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup flour, use ap gluten-free flour for GF
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth, vegetable broth for vegetarian
- 2 cups 8 oz Sargento 2% reduced fat mild cheddar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups about 4 oz baby spinach
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Place squash on a baking sheet cut side down. Bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- Separate the strands of squash with a fork and place in a medium bowl; discard shells. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the squash if watery.
- Maintain the oven temperature.
- Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring continually 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add milk and chicken broth and continue whisking, raising heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil and becomes smooth and thick, about 2 minutes stirring; season with salt and pepper.
- Once it becomes thick, remove from heat, add cheddar cheese and mix well until cheese is melted.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste, add cooked spaghetti squash and baby spinach, pour into a baking dish and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake until bubbly and golden 25 to 30 minutes.
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 165kcal, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 7.5mg, Sodium: 278.5mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6.5g