Brussels sprouts are more popular than ever, but we know a lot of you out there aren’t convinced of their tastiness yet. They’re cheesy. They’re creamy. They’ve got a golden-brown crust. And did we mention? There’s. Bacon. This Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Gratin is the perfect dinnertime companion for pork, chicken, and basically any other roasted meat you can crave.
- 2 Pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- ¼ Red Onion, cut in half and sliced
- To taste Salt
- To taste Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ Pound Bacon, cooked and diced, divided
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- ¾ Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F / 220°C.
- To a 2-quart baking dish (or a cast iron skillet), add the prepared Brussels sprouts, red onion, salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss to coat, and place in the preheated oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Sprinkle the Brussels sprouts with half of the cooked bacon, about half of the shredded cheddar cheese, and all of the heavy cream. Stir to mix.
- Cover the Brussels sprouts with remaining shredded cheddar cheese, and then top with the Panko breadcrumbs and the remaining cooked bacon.
- Return the dish to the oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the dish is bubbling and the top has begun to brown.
Recipe by: http://tiphero.com