Whether 5 years old or 50, people generally like dessert more than turkey. Even better if the dessert is a little whimsical, like a turkey-shaped cake or cookies that look like Plymouth Rock. Make this treat to take part in Turkey Day celebration.
- 1 bag (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Candy corn (about 80 pieces)
- Red candy, such as Hot Tamales (about 10 pieces)
- White candy discs, such as M&Ms (about 20 pieces)
- Black cake-decorating gel
1. Line a 13-by-9-inch cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place chocolate chips in a double boiler over low heat and let melt, stirring occasionally. Pour melted chocolate evenly onto lined cookie sheet, spreading with spatula to smooth and even it out.
3. Arrange 8 pieces of candy corn in an arc to look like the feathers of the turkey. Place 2 white candy discs to look like eyes, and the red candy below to look like the snood (the red part that hangs from a turkey’s neck). Use the cake-decorating gel to dot the white candy discs with “pupils.” Repeat until bark is covered with turkeys; you should be able to fit about 10.
4. For best visual effect, serve bark whole and let guests break it at the table.
Recipe By Marissa Conrad