Chocolate Coconut Candies, aka “fat bombs”, are amazingly easy and delicious! They are made from super-healthy coconut oil and just a few more ingredients. These candies are great for the fat fast and also as a pre-workout snack!
- 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil (200 g / 7.1 oz)
- 1 cup raw cocoa powder (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (~ 1-2 vanilla beans)
- ¼ cup Erythritol, powdered or other healthy low-carb sweetener from this list
- 10-15 drops Stevia extract
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup Homemade Coconut & Pecan Butter, chilled (63 g / 2.2 oz)
- Place the extra virgin coconut oil into a small bowl and melt in a microwave oven on low heat for just about a minute. Add raw cocoa powder, vanilla extract, Erythritol and stevia.
- Erythritol doesn’t dissolve easily unless heated up. For a smoother texture you can blend it until powdered.
- Mix everything well, make sure there are no clumps.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the silicone mold to about 1/3. Place the molds in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate solidyfies.
- When the chocolate mixture solidifies, add 1/2 a teaspoon of home-made coconut & pecan butter into the mold. The best results are achieved when the butter is chilled.
- Top with the remaining chocolate mixture and place back in the fridge for at least 30-60 minutes or until firm.
- When done, keep refrigerated. Coconut oil gets very soft at room temperature. Now, whenever you get sugar cravings or before you go to gym, pop them out of the molds and enjoy!!!
Note: You may end up making more than 30 candies. This depends on the size of moulds used.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||6.2||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (5%), fat (90%)
Recipe By Martina Slajerova