When it comes to meatloaf, home-style is the only style that counts! Indulge your comfort food cravings at lunchtime too with leftover meatloaf sliced on sandwiches with cheese and pickles.
Always a winner when in the mood for some comfort food.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
1. In large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together.
2. Shape into an oval loaf and place in baking dish. Make three long slashes in the top.
3. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 1-1/2 hours.
4. Remove from oven and spread ketchup on the top. Return to oven and bake additional 10 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
5. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Use Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs in place of the Progresso™ plain bread crumbs, and omit the Italian seasoning.
- Prepare and shape the loaf in advance; cover and refrigerate up to 5 hours. Bake just before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover meatloaf slices. To reheat, microwave each slice on microwavable plate uncovered on Medium-High (70%) 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 270
Calories from Fat 100
Total Fat 12g 18%
Saturated Fat 4 1/2g 22%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesteroln 110 mg, 37%
- Sodium 470 mg, 20%
Potassium 290 mg, 8%
Total Carbohydrate 23 g, 8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g, 4%
Sugars 9 g,
Protein 19 g
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A 6%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 8%
- Iron 15%
1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipes By Betty Crocker Kitchens