We made our Mason Jar Ice Cream three delicious ways: Banana, Cookies ‘n’ Cream, and Strawberry. If you’re craving something different, experiment! The sky’s the limit when it comes to the flavors you can explore.
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1-2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar (Can substitute with powdered sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt (Optional)
- 3-4 Fresh Strawberries (Optional), destemmed (Can substitute with other berries)
- 1 Bananas (Optional)
- 2-3 Crushed Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Optional) (Can substitute with other cookies)
- Pour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt, if using, into a pint sized mason jar and tightly secure with the lid. Shake the mason jar for 3-5 minutes, until the cream thickens and almost doubles in size.
- Mixture should be able to easily coat the back of a spoon.
Freeze jar for 3 hours, or until ice cream hardens. Scoop and serve with your favorite ice cream toppings.