The delicious Stuffed Chicken Parmesan recipe I’m sharing today is a lighter, insanely easy version you can make at home with just a few minutes prep time. And it is just as delicious, cheesy, gooey, and addictive!
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1 Bunch Fresh Basil, chopped (Reserve some basil to use as garnish)
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups Breadcrumbs (Plain or Italian flavored)
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cups Marinara Sauce
- To taste Kosher Salt
- To taste Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C.
- Cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Stuff each pocket with 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese,1/4 of the sun-dried tomatoes, and some chopped basil. Press the edges of the chicken together or use a toothpick to seal the pocket. Season the chicken with salt and ground black pepper
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into 3 separate shallow bowls or dishes. Carefully coat the stuffed chicken in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the floured chicken into the beaten eggs, to coat, and then into the breadcrumbs. Make sure to evenly coat the chicken breasts with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat until oil is 350F/180C. Fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Place 2/3 of the marinara sauce evenly on the bottom of a baking dish or other oven safe pan. Place the chicken in the pan of marinara sauce and top with the remaining sauce and the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the cheese inside has melted. Allow to cool for a few minutes before garnishing with chopped basil and serving.
You can use a toothpick to seal the chicken breast pocket after stuffing. Remember to remove the toothpick before serving.