Among all plants available on the market and coming directly from our nature, goya is the one to pay attention to. Otherwise known as karela, this cucumber-shaped plant does wonders for the human health. It grows in South America and Asia, and requires warm and humid climate to grow. Goya ( Karela ) – Health Benefits: The Plant That Kills Cancer Cells, Stop Diabetes And Blood Pressure!
Goya – Health Benefits:
Here’s what you need to know – Goya, also known as Bitter Melon, is a vegetable commonly consumed in tropical countries. With a firm and bumpy outer surface, its flesh tastes like a cross between cucumber and under-ripened melon. While mainly consumed in tropical countries, Goya is a popular vegetable in Japan as well. While this unique vegetable tastes rather bitter at first, once you control this distinct taste, you are sure to become addicted.
You should also know that Goya grows well in humid and hot climates and can be mostly found in South America and Asia. It is a common traditional medicine in China, India, Asia and some southeastern parts of US. With a season spanning July to November, growing this unique vegetable is possible in most climates. The experts also say that this amazing plant is a nutrient rich food which contains folate, vitamin C and vitamin B. Goya contains high amounts of flavonoids, a class of molecules which are very high in anti-oxidant content.
Here’s what you need to know – well, the founder of the effects of this amazing vegetable was Dr. Frank Shallenberger M.D. who specializes in Anti-Aging treatments and Alternative Medicine at the Nevada Center of Alternative & Anti- Aging Medicine. So, this doctor always advises his patients to trust nature and use natural products and substances in treating any kind of sickness. He states that this miraculous vegetable it inhibits cancer cell growth effectively. Study confirms -according to his latest findings, a 5% solution of bitter melon juice can fight pancreatic cancer.
Yes, and he also found that this amazing vegetable destroys cancer cell lines by 90 and 98% percent. Its effect was further examined at the University of Colorado, and the results showed a reduction of 64% in the size of pancreatic tumors. Well, this means that his research only confirmed the benefits and powerful action of the bitter melon. This vegetable it also plays a great part in the treatment of skin infection, diabetes symptoms, asthma, stomach problems and hypertension.
Goya is great against:
- Skin infections
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Stomach problems
- Diabetes symptoms
Consuming Goya regularly can:
- First, you should know that this amazing vegetable will cleanse and detoxify your liver, relieves gout pain and stimulates the blood circulation.
- The juice from this vegetable will boost your immune system and it will strengthen the resistance of your body against all types of infections.
- The Goya stimulates food peristalsis and eases the digestion until the food is finally excreted through the bowel and out of the system.
- This amazing vegetables contains high amounts of phyto-nutrient, Polypeptide-P, a plant insulin known to lower blood sugar levels. In addition, it composes hypoglycemic agent called charantin. Charantin increases glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis inside the cells of liver, muscle and adipose tissue. Together, these compounds may have been thought to be responsible for blood sugar levels reduction in the treatment of type-2 diabetes.
- It can also help you relieve hangover, because it will boost your metabolism, and at the same time, it nourishes and cleanses the liver after the consumption of alcohol.
- The medical experts also say that regular consumption of its juice helps relieve psoriasis and fungal infections, such as Athlete’s feet and ringworms.
- The Goya can also help you improve your eyesight and relieve vision problem, because it contains high amounts of beta-carotene.
- It is a source of folate which reduces the occurrence of neural tube defect in newborns.
When consumed regularly, it boosts your stamina and energy level.
- Fresh bitter melon is an excellent source of Vitamin-C (100 g of raw pod provides 84 mg or about 140% of RDI). Vitamin-C is one of the powerful natural antioxidants which helps scavenge deleterious free radicals from the human body.
- Goya is a moderate source of B-complex vitamins such as niacin (vitamin B-3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5), pyridoxine (vitamin B-6) and minerals such as iron, zinc, potassium, manganese and magnesium.