Indian Chicken Korma is a traditional Indian dish with dozens of different variations. However, they all have one thing in common: they are all oh so full of flavor and we want them now! Here is a keto version of this wonderful Indian dish made with chicken and cooked in a rich onion gravy with an arsenal of spices. Indian Chicken Korma – You must try this recipes.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
If you have kewra, an extract distilled from the Indian Pandanus plant, on hand you can add a drop or two for added flavor. Use a mortar to lightly crush the cardamom pods and the black peppercorns before roasting them for more flavor.
Servings 3 servings, Prep time 15 minutes, Calories 468 kcal
- ¼ cup ghee
- ½ (2 oz.) red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. Greek yogurt
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 1½ lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- ½ tsp garam masala seasoning
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the ghee in a wok or heavy-bottomed saucepan and deep-fry the onions on low-medium heat until they get a nice golden brown color.
- Remove the fried onions from the pan.
- Mix yogurt with the onions in a blender to get a creamy paste.
- Reheat the ghee in the saucepan. Once it gets hot add cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, star anise, green cardamom pods and black peppercorns. Fry for 30 seconds or until they start to sizzle.
- Add the chicken thighs and drumsticks. Season thoroughly with salt.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, combine well and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and cumin powder.
- Combine well and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add the fried onion yogurt paste, combine well. Add some water. You can use the water to rinse out the blender so don’t waste any of the paste. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Per Serving: 468 calories; 48 g fat; 6 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein.