Delicious gluten-free, low carb muffin. Tasty for a snack, breakfast or as a side dish for soups or salads or grilled meat.
They are cheesy and hearty and taste amazing! They don’t really have a bready texture like a muffin, but I wasn’t sure what else to call them.
They are firm and chewy if you eat them cold, but if you heat them up slightly in the microwave they get soft and cheesy/gooey in the center. SO GOOD! These go perfectly with some some eggs for breakfast or as a veggie side dish to any protein for dinner.
- 2 cups finely riced, raw cauliflower **
- 2 Tbsp minced jalapeno
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Combine the cauliflower, jalapeno, eggs, add melted butter in a medium bowl. Add the grated cheeses and mix well. Stir in the onion flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, baking powder and coconut flour until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between 12 greased muffin cups. Bake in preheated 375 degree (F) oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Turn off the oven and leave the muffins inside for one hour to firm up. Remove and serve warm or cold.
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Carbohydrates: 1.8g net
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.