Jalapeno Popper Hot Dogs are a fusion of an original American street food and one of my all-time favorite appetizer recipes! These dogs are an easy dinner that’s on the table in less than 30 minutes and sure to become a family favorite!
- 12 extra large jalapeños
- 6-8 slices American cheese
- 4 thin hot dogs, halved lengthwise
- 4 hot dog buns
- Heat grill to high. Slice tops off jalapeños, then cut off bottoms where it starts to narrow. Using a paring knife, dig out seeds and ribs of each pepper to form a hollow tube.
- Break cheese into rectangles the same width as hot dogs. Place a few pieces on a halved hot dog, then place the other half of the dog on top to re-form the hot dog with cheese in the center.
- Stuff hot dogs into jalapeño tubes. (Depending on how big the jalapeños are, you should be able to put 2 or 3 around each hot dog.)
- Grill, charring jalapeños on all sides and warming the dogs, but remove from heat before too much cheese spills out. Serve on hot dog buns with mustard.