This keto Kale Caesar Salad with low-carb croutons is super simple to whip up and all of the components keep well for the entire week! If you have the ability to make the bread a few days ahead of needing to make croutons then they will be even crispier since the bread will have a few days to dry out. Old bread = amazing croutons!
- ½ lb kale (2 large bunches), stems removed, and finely chopped (225 g)
- 1 batch Keto Focaccia, without any toppings
- 3 tbsp olive oil (45 ml)
- ½ tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan, for topping (28 g/ 1 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp anchovy paste (5 g/ 0.2 oz)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (10 ml)
- ½ lemon, juiced (about 2 tbsp)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (10 g/ 0.4 oz)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (115 g/ 4.1 oz)
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Start by making the keto focaccia without any toppings.
- Once baked cut the loaf into crouton sized cubes. Toss the cubes with the olive oil, salt, and garlic powder. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes flipping once or twice until crisp.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients into a jar.
- Shake until combined. Chill until ready to use.
- Toss the kale with the dressing and top with croutons and extra cheese if desired. Serve.
- If not served immediately, keep the kale, dressing, croutons and shaved Parmesan separately in the fridge for up to a week and assemble before serving.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||7.8||grams|
|Magnesium||24||mg (6% RDA)|
|Potassium||272||mg (14% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (11%), fat (84%)
Recipe By Lauren Lester