It’s easy to make low-carb keto fried chicken in an air fryer. But if you don’t have this trendy appliance, the chicken can be baked in a regular oven instead! Either way, you are left with a juicy, crispy chicken- without all the carbs. Keto Fried Chicken In An Oven – You must try this recipes.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
To give the fried chicken the crispy coating use pork rinds. They are low in carbs and have a really nice crunchy texture when air fried/oven!
Prep Time10 mins Cook Time 50 mins Soak Time2 hrs Total Time1 hr Course: Main Course Cuisine: American Servings10 people Calories539
- 5 pounds chicken about 10 pieces
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cups crushed pork rinds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ⅓ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (for air fryer only)
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Mix almond milk and vinegar then pour over chicken. Let the chicken soak in the liquid for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- In wide shallow bowl or dish, combine pork rinds, salt, thyme, basil, oregano, celery salt, black pepper, dried mustard, paprika, garlic salt, ground ginger, and white pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in dry pork rind mixture until coated.
- Spread 1 tablespoon coconut oil in bottom of air fryer basket.
- Arrange chicken in single layer on basket.
- Air fry at 360°F for 10 minutes, rotate, then air fry another 10 minutes. Test chicken temperature to reach 165°F and continue cooking if needed.
- Arrange chicken on a rack in baking pan. Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes or until meat reaches 165°F.
Pork rinds give the fried chicken a crispy coating but almond flour should work well too. The vinegar keeps the chicken juicy and makes it extra tender. I used regular white vinegar, but I’m sure apple cider vinegar will work too.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 539 | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 175mg | Sodium: 1108mg | Potassium: 446mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 710IU | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2.4mg