A zucchini noodles recipe with a creamy Alfredo sauce that’s also low carb, gluten-free & light. The Keto Zucchini Noodle Alfredo ever! This dish will let you snuggle down with a big cheesy bowl of noodles and eat to your hearts content. You won’t feel stodgy and over loaded like you did after eating pasta.
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 1.2 kg (2.65 lb) zucchini, spiralised – use 1 small 150 g (5.3 oz) zucchini per serving
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (1 tbsp for every 2 zucchini/ servings)
Keto Alfredo Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (170 g/ 6 oz)
- 1 ½ pints heavy cream (700 ml)
- 6 ounces cream cheese (170 g)
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese (170 g)
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese (85 g/ 3 oz)
- 1 tsp chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the zucchini noodles using a spiraliser.
- Place the spiralised zucchini into a colander over the sink. Sprinkle with salt and leave to drain.
- Add the butter to a pan and melt. Add the garlic and cook gently until soft. Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cream cheese and quarter of the shredded cheeses and stir well until the cheese has completely melted.
- Keep adding the shredded cheese in batches until it is all melted and you have a smooth, creamy sauce. It will seem like the cheese will never melt. Don’t get panicked and turn up the heat, just keep up the stirring and I promise it will happen.
- Add the herbs and mix through. Take sauce off the heat to sit and thicken slightly. Stir every now and then to stop a skin forming.
- Pat the zoodles dry with a paper towel. Pour your olive oil into a frypan and heat. Toss zoodles in the oil and sauté very quickly, about 1 or 2 minutes, until just softened. Do not overcook the zoodles or they will become watery and mushy.
- Place the zoodles in a large serving dish and toss with the Alfredo sauce. Finish off with some grated parmesan, a sprinkle of black pepper and some fresh basil. Serve immediately, or let the sauce cool down, cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Serve with freshly prepared zucchini noodles.
Nutritional values (about ⅔ cup sauce + zoodles)
|of which Saturated||43||grams|
|Magnesium||48||mg (12% RDA)|
|Potassium||525||mg (26% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (8%), fat (88%)