Mexican Rice With Chorizo is a hearty and flavorful blend of rice, chorizo, peppers and spices that can be served as a main meal or a side dish. This is definitely a lovers rice dish. This is a big favorite for me anyways, but especially this time of year.
- 5 cups Cauli-rice, approximately 1 average head cauliflower (600g / 21.2 oz / 1.3 lb)
- 2 Spanish chorizo sausages or pepperoni ( 240g / 8.5 oz)
- 6-8 jalapeño peppers (80g / 2.8 oz)
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley or cilantro
- 2 tbsp ghee, butter, lard or coconut oil (30g / 1.1 oz)
- pinch salt
- Prepare the Cauli-rice as place in a steam pot and cook for 5-7 minutes.. Don’t cook it – only grate the cauliflower.
- Slice the chorizo and slice and deseed the jalapeño peppers. You can use any other type of mildly hot peppers.
- Grease a skillet with the cooking fat and add the peppers and chorizo. Cook until slightly browned and stir once or twice.
- Add the cauli-rice and cook for 5-10 minutes depending on how tender you prefer the “rice” to be. Taste before seasoning with salt – the sausage will release its savoury juices and you may not need to use any. Add finely chopped parsley.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||13.2||grams|
|Magnesium||38.5||mg (10% RDA)|
|Potassium||763||mg (38% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (6.9%), protein (18.8%), fat (74.3%)
Recipe By Martina Slajerova