Who doesn’t love separating the Oreo’s and dipping them in milk? It is something that warms your heart to feel like a child again as you sit at the kitchen table and enjoy cookies and milk. So try this helthy version instead of the scary trans-fats and high fructose corn syrup in real Oreo’s.
- 2 1/4 cups almond or hazelnut flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz. cream cheese – softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve (you can grind granulated Swerve in a spice grinder)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the Swerve and butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until fully combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper to a rectangle about 1/8 of an inch thick. Using a circle cutter, cut out as many cookies as you can. Place them onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Re-roll out cookie dough until you run out!
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes. Let cool completely before filling.
To make filling:
- Using a food processor, cream together cream cheese, and butter.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in powdered Swerve.
Nutrition Facts Amount per serving. Calories239 Fat22.9g Protein6.3g Total Carbs7.2g Net Carbs3.5g Fiber3.7g Sugar1g