This Pistachio Lush is the perfect easy dessert to make alongside a more complicated supper recipe since nothing is urgent and other than a quick bake of the crust, every other layer is simply mix and layer.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup pecans plus extra for garnish
- 2 1/2 cups whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package Pistachio pudding mix
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the flour, butter and 1/2 cup pecans in a food processor and blitz until a ball of dough forms.
- Line a casserole dish with parchment paper and press the crust overtop into a flat layer.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until just lightly golden.
- Cool completely before adding on the lush layers.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup of whipped topping until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese layer over the crust and place in the fridge as you prepare the pistachio filling.
- Combine the pistachio pudding mix and milk, and mix for 2 minutes until nice and thick.
- Pour over the cream cheese layer and spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping and garnish as desired.
- Chill until ready to serve.