Puréed pumpkin lightens up an otherwise-classic dip recipe without sacrificing the rich, creamy texture that hummus-lovers crave. Here, we warm the chickpeas and the pumpkin before blending them so that they meld better with the tahini and lemon juice. Pumpkin Hummus Recipe – You must try this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas, or one 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin, warmed
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced (2 to 3 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, plus more for garnish
- Olive oil for garnish, optional
- Heat chickpeas in small saucepan of water until water boils.
- Drain, and transfer chickpeas to food processor with pumpkin, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin.
- Blend 1 to 2 minutes, or until very smooth. Cool.
- Serve sprinkled with cumin and drizzled with olive oil (if using).
- Serving Size: per 2-tbs. serving
- Calories: 38
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 2 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
Recipe By Vegetarian Times
Leave a Reply