A good meal to freeze and throw in the slow cooker on a busy day. I prefer the rice cooked separately. You can substitute Creole seasoning for the Cajun seasoning and bok choy for the celery, if desired.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 8 ounces seitan, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces smoked vegan sausage, cut into2-inch slices
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or to taste (optional)
- Drizzle the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker crock with olive oil. Stir tomatoes with juice, seitan, sausage, onion, green bell pepper, celery, vegetable broth, garlic, miso paste, Cajun seasoning, thyme, and oregano into crock.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours. Add rice to the crock and cook on High until rice is cooked through, about 30 minutes more. Garnish with parsley.
- Partner tip: Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.