Strawberry chocolate chip muffinss are a treat that the whole family can enjoy. Easy to make, so the kids can join in and help on this one. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Keto Muffins – You must try this recipes.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
Low carb muffins are typically made with almond flour, coconut flour, or a combination. Sometimes, alternate flours like sesame flour, oat fiber or whey protein powder are used to help provide a more bread-like texture. Low carb ingredients are heavier than traditional ingredients and lack the characteristic stretch that gluten provides. Therefore, low carb muffins need more leavening and good technique to achieve proper lift.
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes, Total Time: 30 minutes, Servings: 6, Calories: 270kcal
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup low carb sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz strawberries, small dice
- 3 tbsp Lily’s Sugar-free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in the middle position. Line 6 standard muffin wells with paper liners. Dice the strawberries. Zest the lemon. Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Cream together the first five ingredients with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg and cream again.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients beating well, followed by another egg. Repeat. Make sure to keep a light mousse-like texture through out mixing. Add the last of the dry ingredients, followed by the heavy cream. Fold in 1/2 of the strawberries and 1/2 of the chocolate chips. The batter will be very thick.
- Spoon the batter into a zip-loc bag and cut a large hole in one of the corners. Squeeze the batter into each liner, mounding in the center. Alternately, use a muffin scoop. Sprinkle erythritol on the top of the muffins to prevent browning. Arrange the remaining strawberries and chocolate chips on top.
- Place the muffin tin into the middle of the oven and turn the oven up to 400 for 6 minutes. Turn the oven back down to 350 and bake for 12-18 minutes more. The tops should be firm to the touch but still sound a little moist. Cool completely on a wire rack. Keep in the refrigerator and warm gently before enjoying. 4 net carbs each.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 24g | Sodium: 185mg | Fiber: 7g