As good as whitening toothpastes are, simply brushing your teeth with them will not get you instant or dramatic results. If you want white teeth but don’t want to pay the hefty price to see a dentist or cosmetic surgeon, then I have a simple option that you can try at home.
This teeth whitening recipe is easy to make, inexpensive, and also easy to use!
Causes of Yellow Teeth
-Poor oral hygiene
-Not seeing a dentist on a regular basis
Teeth Whitening Homemade Recipe
- Small mixing bowl or cup
- 3 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3-5 drops of 3/5 hydrogen peroxide
- Toothbrush or cotton bud (to apply the paste)
- Water (optional)
- Pour the baking soda and the hydrogen peroxide into a small bowl or cup.
- Mix the ingredients together until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add a little water if the mixture is too gloppy.
- Apply to your teeth with either a toothbrush or a cotton bud. It’s very important to make sure that the solution is well-mixed and that it is applied evenly to all teeth. Uneven application will produce uneven results (i.e. your teeth will not all be the same shade of white).
- Leave the solution on for 5 minutes. Then rinse with water and brush your teeth with your usual store-bought toothpaste.
- Rinse again with mouth wash.
- For best results, this procedure should be performed at least once every week.
If you are not getting the results you want, continue with this method but try leaving the paste on for 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes. Once the desired level of whiteness is achieved, space out the application by doing it every 2 to 4 weeks to simply maintain the look of pearly white teeth.
Warning: Do not use this paste every day (even if it is tempting). This may be hard when you see results for the first time, but you should remember that hydrogen peroxide is a dangerous chemical. In small doses it is fine, but repeated use and overexposure or ingestion is not healthy. You should also not use this homemade recipe if you have ulcers, sore gums, or bleeding gums. And, of course, if you experience adverse reactions, stop and find another way to whiten your teeth.
Enjoy your new pearly whites and happy smiling!